overrideTextColor= overrideCardAlternateTextColor= overrideDisableBackgroundImage= overrideTextAlignment= overrideCardHideSection= overrideCardHideByline= overrideCardHideDescription= overrideCardShowButton= overridebuttonBgColor= overrideButtonText=
Professor and Student Mentor
The team leader is in charge of the competition team by:
- Keeping the team on task and organized
- Setting goals and tasks
- Meets with students to set 1 semester projects
- Completes applications and travel arrangements for the
- Works on the budget and funding for the team
- The team leaders are selected by the faculty advisors
- Team leaders are eligible to take a 400 level, 3 credit ME elective
- course on engineering management, diversity and integrity.
The team mentor is a paid (10 hr / week) graduate student who has:
- worked with the team for several years and has institutional knowledge of the team competition and activities.
- The mentor arranges and works with student on their MeEn 497R technical elective courses. Defining objectives and deliverables and grading performance.
- The team mentor answers and ask questions but does not take on an engineering project and is not managing the assignments of tasks (see Team Leader).